Dental Implants Fresno - Permanent Tooth Replacement
With over two decades of experience, Dr. Michael Long has established himself as a leading provider of high quality dental implant restoration to residents of Fresno, California and the surrounding communities. We specialize in the restoration of dental implants. With extensive training, Dr. Long provides the proper, safe delivery of dental implants. He uses continuing education to utilize the most cutting edge techniques and ensure patients receive the highest quality of implant treatment.
If you have one or more teeth missing in either jaw, it is necessary to replace that tooth or teeth. Otherwise, chewing and speaking can weaken your bite and cause significant pain and discomfort. Also, due to missing teeth, your jawbone can shift, causing your facial muscles to sag. This makes you look much older than you are.
A dental implant is a permanent and a great aesthetic solution for tooth replacement.
What are the Phases of Dental Implant Procedure?
Your dental implants are custom-designed to fuse with your jawbone permanently. This treatment is divided into six phases:
- Phase 1 – Based on your dental needs, a personalized treatment plan is created.
- Phase 2 – The titanium body is placed in the jaw to hold the dental crown in place.
- Phase 3 – The implant fuses with the jawbone in this phase and the bone heals. This process usually takes about 3 months.
- Phase 4 – An abutment is attached to the implant.
- Phase 5 – A master impression of the implant is taken. Using this master impression, the dental lab fabricates a customized tooth which is then attached to the implant post.